Noppramart Thammateeradaycho is an experienced litigator with over 20 years’ experience of trial and appellate advocacy at all levels of the Thai courts. She also has substantial experience with international litigation and arbitration gained from numerous cases in Singapore, Australia, Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. She is particularly sought after for her experience in arbitration, and is known for her skilled navigation of both international rules (particularly UNCITRAL, SIAC, ICC, HKIAC and GAFTA rules) and domestic rules, including those of the Indonesian National Arbitration Institute (BANI), NCAC (Cambodia), Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI), and Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC). Her general practice covers various industries, including construction, insurance and reinsurance, telecommunication, and media and technology.
Beyond general practice, Noppramart is also one of Thailand’s most well-regarded transportation and shipping industry lawyers, known for her in-depth understanding of the industry and her work representing P&I Clubs, ship owners, shipyards, insurers, and cargo owners in disputes related to cargo claims, bills of lading, charterparties, marine insurance, collisions-at-sea, ship arrests, bunker disputes, and contamination of liquid cargo.
Noppramart also has extensive experience in handling complex maritime litigation, including marine casualties, collision, fire, salvage, towage, oil pollution, ship building and repair, enforcement of ship mortgage, wet and dry cargo, and marine insurance matters. She has successfully handled a number of several ship arrests and releases, and is regularly relied upon by international shipping industry clients for her ability to provide quick, practical, effective solutions in urgent situations.
Noppramart is on the panel of arbitrators for the Thailand Arbitration Center, the Shanghai Arbitration Commission, the Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration, and the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). She also sits on the Commission on Arbitration and Competition of the ICC in Thailand, is vice-chair of the Thailand branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and serves as an honorary faculty member of the Asian International Arbitration Centre’s AIAC Academy.
- Acted as co-counsel for Thai and Cambodian clients against an Australian listed company in SIAC arbitration concerning joint-venture disputes with a claim amount of approximately USD 350 million in relation to a well-known casino in Poipet, Cambodia.
- Served as counsel for Thai clients against Malaysian parties in SIAC arbitration for breach of a loan agreement.
- Acted for a Cambodian landlord against an Australian-Hong Kong lessee in Cambodia’s National Commercial Arbitration Center in relation to breach of a perpetual lease agreement.
- Acted for an Indonesian mining company to enforce a BANI arbitral award of approximately THB 40 million against a Thai company in Thai court.
- Acted for a French rice importer to enforce a Gafta award against a Thai rice exporter in Thai court.
- Served as lead counsel in TAI arbitration for a well-known Thai-Norwegian telecommunication company in access charge and profit sharing disputes.