Partner, Dispute Resolution, Singapore
Amanda leads the South-East Asia Disputes team of King & Wood Mallesons. Having been based in Singapore for 11 years and with more than 22 years’ experience in dispute resolution in the region, Amanda is an expert in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration in the Asia Pacific region. She also acts as international counsel in complex cross border litigation including instructing on proceedings in the Singapore International Commercial Court appealed to the Court of Appeal.
Amanda acts as counsel in large complex disputes across a range of industries, with a particular focus on construction, infrastructure, energy and resources and technology disputes.
Amanda represented the Republic of Indonesia as advocate in its successful defence of a US$580 million claim under the India-Indonesia BIT, which was arbitrated under the UNCITRAL Rules and administered by the PCA.
Amanda sits as an arbitrator regularly (including on a number of Vietnamese disputes) and has had 22 appointments as arbitrator by SIAC, ICC and LCIA, including as emergency arbitrator, expedited arbitrator and presiding arbitrator. Amanda is listed on the panels of SIAC, HKIAC, ICDR (AAA) and JCAA.
Amanda is a Fellow and Director of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in Singapore and Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. As part of the CIARB Faculty, Amanda has taught international arbitration to hundreds of lawyers and other professionals throughout Asia.
She is a regular speaker at international conferences, has published widely on international arbitration and is ranked as a leading individual for international arbitration by Legal 500 and ‘most in-demand arbitrator’ in Chambers Global.
- Director (Singapore branch) and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) Users’ Council
- Panel arbitrator on the SIAC Panel, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) Panel, The International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA) Panel and Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA) database
T +65 6977 6714+65 9489 1334